Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Dog Food is Hazardous to your Health


Night of November 3rd, 2009
Palm Harbor, FL
Non-Lucid

My brother, Ryan and I were all on the art department crew for an episode of House being shot in the middle of Russia. I just noticed that meant we were in the middle of Siberia, but none of us were dressed accordingly and were not dying of hypothermia. Oh well. So the film crew was finishing the last scene of the day with Hugh Laurie and Robert Sean Leonard (being shot on a RED ONE with Nikon lenses), and while they were wrapping up we decided to start taking the file cabinets out to where we were storing them for the next day's scene. Paul comes back in and tells me the art director just chewed him out for having the wrong color-coded wallpaper on one of the filing cabinets. We were color coding all the cabinets because some were in the first couple shots and others were in the later shots. Very strange system of continuity.

Once we had everything packed up we drove them out to our field where we were storing everything. It was a giant snow covered field and the only things in sight were the zeppelin we arrived in which looked like a long snaky red dragon and a large apartment complex that looked more like a warehouse. I helped my buddy Max break down his D90 off a tripod and remove the matte-box. Ryan put the tripod legs away. It looked like we were set to go when a bag of dog food fell off something near the complex. A bunch of Pomeranian sled dogs (?) started making a bunch of noise as they charged over to get the food. We could hear an angry lady leave her apartment to come see what happened. She was yelling "Whoever knocked over that bag, you had better pick it up." We didn't want to get in a fight so we headed toward my Mustang. Good thing we did because it got more frightening. She started sounding livid. "Pick it up you bastard!" Once we got to the car we saw her round the corner- she had a shotgun! We got in and gunned it. She blew a whole in my back window and I started dodging film equipment while trying to keep her off target. I finally got behind some stuff and drove as fast as I could to get out of there.
See the middle finger? That's what Dr. House thinks of people who put holes in my Mustang.

No comments:

Post a Comment