Monday, November 2, 2009

Old Dream: Flight of the Rolex

Another old classic dream of mine, this time from circa March 2004.

I am at a hotel in Tampa where one of my chess tournaments once took place. I have tracked down a kid from my high school Bio II class here. He has stolen my Rolex. I ask the receptionist where he is staying and then pay for the room above his. I wait until night falls and then open the air vent in my room. I crawl through the ducts until I find his room. I sneak in but he wakes up and calls the cops. I quickly crawl back through the ducts and return to my room. Once I am back the cops arrive soon after and bust in the door. I think I am trapped but when I turn around a door magically appears on the wall behind me. I open it and it's the Loony Toon effect: a mile high drop off. It's either the cops or I fall to my death. I am rational and jump. The result...

...The Matrix effect of course! I land gracefully just on the other side of a barbwire fence and in front of high speed traffic. I look to my right and there is absolutely nothing. On my left is an old man with a shotgun to my face. I raise my arms showing I am unarmed. He lowers his gun and says "Oh, it's you!" in a surprised tone. I have no idea who this old man is but he apparently thinks he knows who I am. He hands me a bike and tells me to hurry. I get on the bike and start pedaling away and to my surprise the bike begins to go all E.T. on me.

I fly over the highway for a along time. I follow the path the highway takes me for miles and eventually veer off and land in a basketball court. The court is unique however as it has a BMW insignia on the center of the court and has a gymnast safety net connecting the two rims. A orange pickup truck pull up and the old man gets out with the kid who took my watch. He hands over my Rolex and apologizes. Then the old man comes up and pats my shoulder as he explains that he has paid off my debt to BMW.

I don't own a Rolex and have never had any business with BMW...

No comments:

Post a Comment